Montag, 20. September 2010

Empire Earth III


Empire Earth III. Third part of the series, still by Sierra Entertainment. Before I'm saying anything I'll say that I didn't play the the second part but only the first and third one. Anyway, so I was playing Empire Earth in the Campaign and I was a bit surprised when there's finally an earth you could conquer. You aren't fighting over anything else but the whole world. However, I was already fighting with Russians over the American continent in 500 BC, which surprised me aswell. At the start, you can pick between West (America/Europe) East (Like, Russia) and Far East (Asia) which later, as you advance in epochs (which are only 5 now, not, like, 20 in the first one) are divided into different countries that are more advanced in one part of your army (for example, Germany is good with tanks). During the missions there are random events, like "conquer a city within 15 minutes to fear your enemies so you get additional trade out of this province (packed into a nice text, of course)" which make the game more varying. Still, it's not going to be as varying as EE I. I recall having, like, 20 buildings for each epoch and updated units for nearly every epoch. For RTS-fans this is going to be a good title I think, but, still being an RTS-fan, I don't really like it, probably expecting something similiar to ye olde and beloved Empire Earth. But don't keep this comment from testing it out, you might really like it.

Also: Fucking polls, how do they work?

70 Kommentare:

  1. I must admitt, i've hearded mixed things about this. But then again, what does professional reviewers know?

    You convinced me to check it out, thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. nice post, gonna give it a try sometime.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Loved the first 2 so I'll have to try this one out.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Not my cup of tea, looking forward to more review in the future.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I loved empire earth, atleast, the older ones

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I remember the first one, it was pretty cool

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Gonna give this one a try. Not really my style but I'm always open to new gaming experiences.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Looks like a solid game, ill check it out when I ahvesoem more freetime :P

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I loved 1 & 2, i will watch 3rd one asap :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Dude, Empire Earth 1 & 2 were amazing. It's disappointing to hear the third didn't live up to expectations.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. my friend had this game he said he loved it

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. you are one nice pooperman, i have to admit. >=)

    smoochies n' poopies! :*
    also check my poll

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. I've always preferred AoE to EE, personally.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Empire is great but I prefer Civilization! Man I could play this for like days without sleeping!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. I'm going to check this game out.
    Keep up the sweet blog!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Didn't like this one like the other two.

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Sounds a lot like Civilization to me...

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. I played 1 but not 2 or 3.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. not a big rts guy but hey ill try it, if i can find it at the right price...

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. not a RTS person, but will be waiting for more game reviews in the future

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Used to be a fan of Sierra Entertainment. WIll check out.

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Haven't played any of them but they look interesting, so I might buy one.

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. I think the cover looks similar to the poster for the Star Trek reboot..like Captain Kirk looks all dark and ominous.

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. Looks interesting. I'll pick it up and make one of 'dem reviews.

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. Never played part three, only first and second one... I spent so much hours playing it :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. wow i guess i missed the second one, didn't know there's already a third one!

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. nice blog, look forward to future updates :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. It's not exactly my thing but cool cover art. I'm following you now.

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. Never played the series, but it looks pretty interesting

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. really enjoyed 2, never played 1, I'll give this one a try!

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. That was a nice game, so much better than ruse!

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. n dotn take this against you man, chill ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. I played EE1 so much, looks like an awesome game!

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. dude I used to love Empire Earth. There was a time when I gave up Age of Empires because I liked it so much

    AntwortenLöschen
  35. never really got into empire earth. aoe was my rts of choice

    AntwortenLöschen
  36. Love EE, one of the best games ive played in a while

    AntwortenLöschen
  37. Pretty good game, but I must admit that AoE 2 and AoM are better.

    AntwortenLöschen
  38. For a console-based RTS it looks really good. Cool blog btw, following u now.

    AntwortenLöschen
  39. I Loved empire earth 1.
    But 2 and 3,
    meh.
    also AoE 2 = best rts ever!

    AntwortenLöschen
  40. Interesting..

    Support and follow u! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  41. i didnt even know sierra still made games

    AntwortenLöschen